Are you feeling achey and sore? Do you make sure that your horse has regular check ups and feel as good as they can? Have you ever stopped to think about yourself??
You should!! If your not straight this can throw the horse off as well and stop your peak performance as a team!
When we first sat on a horse at the riding school, we were told “sit up”, and “heels down”. A good position was the foundation for aspiring equestrians — without it, you’d fall off.
But you don’t stop thinking about your position once you’ve finished learning how to ride — at least not if you know what’s good for you, your horse and his performance.
A crooked rider at worst causes their horse back problems and even lameness. At best, they hinder his ability to do his job.
How can sports massage benefit you?
- The release of muscle tension and pain
- Removal of waste products in your body, such as acetic acid and carbon dioxide
- Improves posture and flexibility.
- Help increase blood flow.
- Reduces discomfort from DOMS( delayed onset muscle soreness)- this usually occur as a result of vigorous exercise
- Can decrease the risk of injury.
- Helps you achieve your peak performance.
- Enhances rehabilitation from injury.
How is sports massage different from other massage?
- Helps with the muscular and skeletal alignment of the body.
- The therapist will monitor and observe how exercise and movement effects the clients body systems.
- The therapist will consider how massage can promote and reduce theses effects so the client benefits.
Many of the aims of sports massage, such as injury prevention and the promotion of recovery from exercise, are therefore quite different from the aims of other massages.